Awesome Olsen Middle School Educational Forum 2014 Highlights Click here
Click to on Summer Reading Portal
Conversation with the District on School Homepages please click on link below
2014-2015 Code of Student Conduct Handbook Click here
"If not now, when? If not us, who? " - Hillel
It's Our Time
Awesome Olsen Parents,
Thank you for entrusting your child with our team. Our teachers and staff continually strive to actively engage your child in 21st Century learning skills needed to be successful in today’s world. Although state standards continually change, our expectations for your child remain the same…
Excellence for Every Child, Every Day!
Thank you for your support as we continually strengthen your child to envision greater, strive for greater, and ultimately accomplish greater.
Although the school year is nearly at the end, we have prepared summer learning to keep your child engaged in learning because learning never ends.
Additional tips for Success:
1. Please check your child's agenda each night. Your child should be recording his/her daily assignments and you will be able to see upcoming test/quizzes/assignments as well as any notes from the teacher.
3. Please email your child's teachers to keep your finger on the pulse of your child's progress. Contact our office to obtain teacher email addresses (754)323-3800. Additionally, teacher email addresses are also listed on our school website: http://olsen.browardschools.com.
4. Please check pinnacle to view your child's grades, attendance, and tardies at: https://gradebook.browardschools.com/piv
5. Your child should be completing 20/20/20 learning plans every night in addition to his/her daily homework assignments.
6. Your child should also be reading a minimum of 20-30 minutes each night and completing the Reading Across Broward Reading Log. The only way to improve reading is to read, read, read!
Committed to Excellence,
Ms. Harris, Principal
Dress for Success
The way we dress influences our attitude towards what we are doing. We expect our students to dress for school in a manner appropriate to creating an appropriate learning environment. Students are encouraged to take pride in their appearance and groom themselves neatly in clothing that is clean, attractive, and appropriate for school.
Inappropriate items include but are not limited to: hats, halter-tops, midriff tops, mini-skirts, mini-dresses, all stretch form-fitting pants, such as leggings, bike attire, sweatbands/headbands, spiked/studded belts and bracelets, and items that create a distraction to the learning environment. Additionally, shorts must be walking shorts, Bermuda shorts, or culottes, which are not shorter than mid-thigh, and must be hemmed. Specifically, all shorts must be mid-thigh or longer. No sagging pants will be accepted.
A Word About Our Sponsors
All advertising is approved by Broward County and these businesses are investing in order to assist our schools financial needs. If you patron these businesses, please let them know that you have done so because you saw their ad on your school site! :)
If you are interested in advertising on our site, go to advertise.browardschools.com where you can submit your ad for approval.
No Shots, No School, No Kidding—Your child may not begin school without the required immunizations.