2014-2015 ANNUAL PARENT/STUDENT SURVEY
deadline: February 13th
We strive to provide all of our students with a high-quality education that best prepares them for success in college and careers. We would like to personally invite you to participate in our Annual Survey for parents, which allows you to quickly and easily share your opinions and ideas about our school. Your input is important. The survey provides us with valuable feedback in areas such as student support, school safety, high-quality instruction and technology, to help us continually improve your child's educational experiences. To take the customer survey click here.
Awesome Olsen Middle School Educational Forum 2014 Highlights Click here
SCHOOL PUBLIC ACCOUNTABILITY REPORT (SPAR) click here
OMS Sea Perch
Parent Letter information about Sea Perch Click Here
OMS Sea Perch Flyer Click here
"If not now, when? If not us, who? " - Hillel
Awesome Olsen Parents,
Thank you for entrusting your child with our team. Our teachers and staff continually strive to actively engage your child in 21st Century learning skills needed to be successful in today’s world. Although state standards continually change, our expectations for your child remain the same…
Excellence for Every Child, Every Day!
Thank you for your support as we continually strengthen your child to envision greater, strive for greater, and ultimately accomplish greater.
Additional tips for Success:
1. Please check your child's agenda each night. Your child should be recording his/her daily assignments and you will be able to see upcoming test/quizzes/assignments as well as any notes from the teacher.
3. Please email your child's teachers to keep your finger on the pulse of your child's progress. Contact our office to obtain teacher email addresses (754)323-3800. Additionally, teacher email addresses are also listed on our school website: http://olsen.browardschools.com.
4. Please check pinnacle to view your child's grades, attendance, and tardies at: https://gradebook.browardschools.com/piv
5. Your child should be completing 20/20/20 learning plans every night in addition to his/her daily homework assignments.
6. Your child should also be reading a minimum of 20-30 minutes each night and completing the Reading Across Broward Reading Log. The only way to improve reading is to read, read, read!
Committed to Excellence,
Ms. Harris, Principal
Awesome Olsen Middle School was selected to participate in
Event: Building Bridges to Educate, Empower, and Motivate
Whiddon-Rogers Education Center in partnership with the Department of Equity and Academic Attainment sponsored a Town Meeting addressing gaps in communication between young people and leadership organizations in our diverse multicultural community.
This program was designed to “Save Our Youth.”
It's mission: To Educate, Empower & Elevate our students by building bridges between them and local authorities, providing a platform for discussion of their concerns with community leaders and stakeholders.
Pictured left to right
Ms Green, Guidance Whiddon Rogers Education Center
Ms Harris, Principal, Awesome Olsen Middle School
Dr. Brenda Snipes, Broward Supervisor of Elections
A Word About Our Sponsors
All advertising is approved by Broward County and these businesses are investing in order to assist our schools financial needs. If you patron these businesses, please let them know that you have done so because you saw their ad on your school site! :)
If you are interested in advertising on our site, go to advertise.browardschools.com where you can submit your ad for approval.